Here is an overview of our Furniture Care guidelines, to help maintain the look and comfort of your furniture for years to come. By following these guidelines, you will be acting in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Arthur G proudly offers a 10 year structural guarantee on residential orders and a 5 year structural guarantee on commercial orders, on their range of locally manufactured furniture from the date of delivery or pickup (collection of goods by the client). However, the guarantee excludes damage caused by accident, misuse or neglect and does not extend to the upholstery (leather and fabrics), or normal wear and tear. The guarantee applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable or assignable.
- Do not drag furniture, as this can deteriorate the structural integrity of the product.
- Wherever possible, regularly swap, rotate and flip sofa and chair cushions.
- It is advisable to utilise the services of professional removalists, when moving any furniture.
All Arthur G furniture includes an upholstery care label, which can be found underneath your seat cushion. Please follow these care instructions when looking to care for your upholstery. If, for whatever reason you do not have an upholstery are label, please contact Arthur G, and the relevant care instructions will be provided.
Leather is a natural product. Characteristics such as scars, wrinkles, cuts and growth marks are common and reflective of a quality natural leather. These characteristics should not be considered a fault of the leather. Variations in colour, shading and texture are common, and can differ from display samples and hide to hide.
- Gently and immediately attend to any spills, to avoid staining.
- Avoid placing leather upholstery in direct sunlight or near heat sources. Ducted cooling and heating can impact the longevity of leather.
- Indirect light can result in fading. Employing precautionary measures such as closing curtains and blinds or utilising throws can minimise light exposure on leather.
- Regularly wipe down contact areas such as arms or headrests to avoid build-up of body oils and perspiration.
- Do not use household cleaners, shoe polish, abrasives or any unidentified leather cleaners on leather.
ANILINE, OILED, PULL UP & WAXED LEATHERS
- If you are unsure of the type of leather you have, contact the Arthur G showroom from which you purchased from before attempting to treat or clean leather.
- Do not use a damp cloth to remove stains. A leather technician should be consulted to address difficult stains.
- To ensure the suppleness of leather is upheld, a Leather-Balm should be used. This will aid with the rejuvenation and protection of leather.
- Leather Balm should be applied seasonally (2–3 times a year) depending on environmental conditions.
- Always follow leather balm instructions during application.
- Leather Balm can be purchased directly from Arthur G.
SEMI ANILINE, FINISHED & PIGMENTED LEATHERS
- A specialised leather conditioner and cleaner is required for Semi Aniline, Finished and Pigmented leathers.
- This leather conditioner should be applied seasonally (2–3 times a year) depending on environmental conditions.
- Always follow leather conditioner instructions for application.
- Leather conditioner can be purchased directly from Arthur G.
Arthur G works with a number of fabric suppliers. It is essential to follow the manufacturers care instructions to lengthen the life of fabric fibres. Fabric Care information can be found underneath the seat of your furniture. Dye lot variations can occur, which can affect colour, shade and texture of fabric.
- Vacuum fabrics on a weekly basis to remove dust and aerate fibres.
- Immediately attend to spills to avoid staining. Always dab rather than rub if spot cleaning is required. A fabric technician should be consulted to address difficult stains.
- Avoid placing furniture in direct sunlight or near heat sources. Consider ducted heating and cooling when placing furniture, as this can cause fabric fibres to become brittle and break down over time.
- Indirect light can result in fading. Employing precautionary measures such as closing curtains and blinds or utilising throws can minimise light exposure.
- Do not use household cleaning products on any fabric upholstered furniture.
- A professional clean is recommended every 18–24 months to prolong the life of fabric.
Arthur G utilises a range of cushion inserts to provide individual desired comfort. Foam and Memory Foam cushions are the firmest when new, and will soften over time. Feather or feather/fibre cushions are softer and require more maintenance over time. Allow four weeks from time of delivery, for inserts to soften to the level which will be maintained over time.
- Whenever possible rotate, flip and alternate cushions, to prolong the life of the foam.
- Avoid inserts from becoming wet when cleaning upholstery covers. If excessive moisture occurs, simply air dry before returning the insert to the cover.
- Regularly air cushions.
FEATHER OR FIBRE CARE
Feather or feather fibre cushions require regular maintenance to retain shape and comfort. This will help to prevent seam slippage.
‘Plump’ or ‘fluff ’ cushions weekly by removing the cushion from the sofa and dropping each side onto the floor, then ‘puffing’ these back into shape. This will help to aerate the fibres, essential for longevity and comfort. If unsure on how to best look after cushion inserts, speak with an Arthur G team member.
Microseal is a third party service offered by Premium Service Protection. If you have elected to have your furniture Mircosealed, please refer to the accompanying brochure or the website below for further information. www.premiumsurfaceprotection.
Timber is a natural, raw material. Variations in shade, colour and grain are common and these will enhance through construction and age. Seasonal changes or exposure to air conditioning, ducted heating and cooling, can result in the increase or decrease of water content, resulting in slight movement in the finished timber product.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to UV light, humidity and variations in temperature.
- Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to regularly wipe down timber and remove dust and grime. Always wipe in the direction of the grain, never in a circular motion.
- Immediately attend to spills. Prolonged exposure to water and heat can cause irreparable damage to timber.
- Do not use household cleaners, abrasives, silicon and corrosive solvents on timber.
- A furniture polish or wax can be used to nourish and prolong the life of your timber product.
MARBLE AND NATURAL STONE
Arthur G uses natural Marble and Limestone. Variations in colour, texture and consistency do occur and this is not considered a fault of the product. All stone is finished with a protective Lithofin coating, preventing oil, grease and water from immediately penetrating the surface. Lithofin does not protect against alcohol, citrus or acid spills. Marble is a porous material and is
- Immediately attend to any spills to avoid permanent staining, particularly acid based liquids (alcohol, citrus etc.).
- Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to regularly wipe down stone tops to remove dust and grime.
Powder-coated steel is used in a number of Arthur G occasional pieces. A regular clean will prevent dust and grime build up.
- Using a damp sponge carefully remove any surface deposits as these can abrade the surface.
- Avoid contact with heat, liquids and direct sunlight.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning products.